<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>



I just arrived back home only to be hit hard in the face with a piece of bad news.

My cat. My dearly beloved cat, who has been with me for the past 14 years, has finally passed away this morning while I was at school. I didn't even get the chance to say my last goodbye or even see it for the last time before it was buried.

She's been sick for a while now and not eating or drinking much. Her illness only worsened last Sunday night when she completely stopped eating and had to be fed with warm milk everyday. Her back legs stopped functioning. She had to crawl around on her 2 front legs, which couldn't get her far. She would urinate a few feet from her bed, which is highly unusual, as she would normally urinate in the toilet or in the garden. She loss weight at an alarming rate and became so skinny that when she was lying down, her spinal cord could be seen jutting out from her back and I could see the shape of her bones.

I was preparing myself because I knew she had to go soon. Even my brother, Ash, was telling me to be prepared cuz she's reached the end of her lifespan. But to have her go so soon so suddenly...
I'm still in shock.

My grandmother told me that it's better to let her go rather than continue see her suffering in the state she was in. My younger brother told me to let it go. Afiq told me to let it go. They also told me that nothing lasts forever and that I should have known from the very start that this was coming. But I'm still in shock. I cried so hard because it really hurts to lose a dearly beloved pet, whom you've cared for and cherished for the past 14 years.

To Sharon :

Wherever you are right now. I sincerely hope that you are in peace and that you're no longer suffering. I will miss the times you slept beside me, the times you would jump down from the sofa to greet me when I just got back home, the times you would rub yourself against my feet when you wanted food or wanted me to pamper you. The times you would climb on my laptop and sit on it just so that I would pay attention to you. The times you would grab my hand and start biting and kicking it when I tickled you. The times when you would chase me around the house and try to grab hold of my feet to bite it. I will miss you. I love you dearly.

11:17 PM